Feature_Pages > Anglesey's Beaches
Find your favorite...
Anglesey is surrounded by beaches!
Everyone has their favourite beaches for :
dog walking (see page 6)
peace or solitude
You will fi nd yours - here are our top 10 for you to
explore and enjoy:
1. LLANDWYN,near Newborough. Spectacular views
from long sandy beach backed by dunes and in a
conservation area, a 2 mile walk takes you to Llandwyn Island with quiet coves and old lighthouse -stunning.
2. BORTH WEN, Rhoscolyn. One of the beaches here is long sheltered and sandy, backed by dunes. There is a car park with toilets and also check out nearby Trearddur Bay with a variety of coves and beaches.
3. RHOSNEIGR Wide, long sandy beaches popular with families and watersport enthusiasts. The town beach is near all the local amenities.
4. PORTH TRECASTELL/CABLE BAY, Llanfaelog. A sandy beach with rock pools to explore surrounded by cliffs. Big waves! There is
a car park above the bay.
5. MOELFRE A shingle beach in a pretty town with a harbour and all facilities. Very sheltered. There has been a lifeboat station here for many years.
6. TRAETH LLIGWY, Dulas. Long sandy beach with some shelter. The nearby ancient monument is worth a visit on the way.
7. BENLLECH A family favourite. A long and sandy beach.
8. RED WHARF BAY has two beaches one reached through the Caravan Park, the main one is sandy, with channels and inlets. It is sheltered by hills and has a great pub and restaurant.
9. LLANDDONA seems endless, a beach for games as it never seems full. It extends to Red Wharf bay.
10. PENMON there are various beaches, stop at any. Parking aft er turning from the Llangoed road and you will find - sand, shingle, stone, lighthouses, walks and ancient monuments.
Remember if you can't find what you're looking for contact us on 01248 430190 or email: Click to email or visit
North Wales Weather
Getting to North Wales
North Wales Holiday Cottages
Late deals and special offers
Walking breaks in Wales
Fishing holidays in Wales
Golfing holidays in Wales
Snowdonia Tourism Information
Anglesey Tourism Information
Our top 10 beaches